Blogging has become quite the social media phenomenon in the last 2 years. They’re a fantastic tool to be using for both marketing and promoting yourself, your artwork, your organisation, basically anything that you do, or it can also be a brilliant way of putting your thoughts and inspirations down into words, a creative journal if you like.
Below are just some of the creative Blogs I’ve come across recently.
If you have a blog you would like to add to this list please do contact me.
ARTS AND CULTURAL ORGANISATIONS
- Creative Cultures Scotland – A place for creative practitioners to network and represent their skills.
- The Editorial – The Editorial: The Temporary Projects Season: Ruth Barker’s Blog
- Rowan Gallery – The Rowan Gallery in Helensburgh
- Craft Research – Knowledge through making
- Craftspace – A Crafts Development Organisation
- Innovative Craft – The latest developments at IC: Innovative Crafts
- Caritas Music – Music promoter, distributor, store and production company blog
- Creative Industries Shetland – Textiles and music in the North Isles of Scotland
ARTISTS AND MAKERS
- Judy Scott Textiles and Mixed Media – A Vintage Girl who just loves to create with fabric paper thread and paint
- Elizabeth McCrindle’s Art from Scotland – The journey of a Scottish artist, equine, canine, landscape and sporting art
- The Thoughts of An Artist – A blog from Ralph Taylor, a Fife based Painter
- Jan Patience Journalist and Art Lover – Blogs about the art she’s seen and artists she met on her travels in Scotland
- Lightstalker’s Blog – Glen Campbell – Highland based photographer
- My Minds Eye – A blog from an Edinburgh based artistic dabbler – Alexander J Blair
- Mad Cat Art Studio – A blog from Marion Boddy-Evans in Skye
- Tim Wootton – A wildlife artist based in Stromness, Orkney
- Lesley McInally Ceramic Art – A Scottish ceramic artist living and working in Canada
- Pure Art and Soul – An artist’s blog inspired by music, by dreams, by hope for a better world
- Feltsket – A crofter and textile maker in Shetland
- Austin Taylor Photography – Freelance Photographer based in Shetland
- Felt Addiction – A blog from maker Joni Phippin
- Home in the Highlands – A Midwest American transplanted to the Highlands
- Red 2 White – A self-taught designer-maker based in the Highlands
- Ebba Redman – Jewellery Designer who runs Tayberry Gallery in Perth
- Taking Time – A touring exhibition from Craftspace curated with Helen Carnac
- Text-Isles – Shetland’s Contemporary Textile Group
- Kerrianne Flett – Third Year Duncan of Jordanstone Art and Design Student
- Mary-Ann’s Cottage – Two artists inspired by the maiden voyage of the Westland in 1879
- Paper Boats – Documenting the Paper Boat Fundraiser and Exhibition to raise funds for Mary-Ann’s Cottage
- Joanne B Kaar – Journeys of an Artist in residency in Durness, Sutherland
- Timespan Artists in Residence – A place for artists staying with us to record their ideas, encounters and thoughts.
WRITERS & MUSICIANS
- Breathing Out – Occasional journal of Scottish writer and musician Clare O’Brien
- The Truth About Lies – A writer based in Glasgow
- Sea Penguin – The view from nowhere, to everywhere – or should that be the other way round?
- John Crosbie – Various bits of writing, opinions, plays, screenpalys, poems etc
THEATRE & DANCE
- Theatre in Scotland – Theatre in Scotland aims to inform the theatre going public of Scotland which shows are playing around the country and when, with reviews, interviews and much more
- Scottish Ballet – Latest news from the Scottish Ballet
- Citymoves Dance – Dance news and opportunities in the North East
- The Spill Blog – An open to all music and culture blog which originated from the Guardian’s Readers Recommended community
- Artists Talking – Artists Talking is a unique space to explore artists’ insights and perspectives on contemporary practice
- UK Handmade – UK Handmade is a design led online magazine committed to showcasing and promoting the best creative talent the UK has to offer
AROUND THE GLOBE
- Las Vegas Art and Culture – Arts and Culture from the other side of the pond
- Granny Sue – Storytelling, writing, life and all that intervenes based in the USA
- Writing, fishing and sesenach’s Scotland – A freelance writer in Staffordshire
- Natalie De Koning – A blog from an Aspiring Artist from the Netherlands
* We’ve recently changed our blog set up on Northings which means that some of the content on the ‘old’ audience development blog hasn’t been available recently. However, I’ve finally found some time to copy and paste the most important content across to the ‘new’ audience development blog.
Created: April 2010